Threats by IGL - Indrapratha Gas Limited
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
This is to share with you our plight as a customer of Indraprastha Gas Limited, wrt my IGL connection BP no 4000237027 at my residence which is House no 4048, Sector C-4, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi.
I have been a customer of IGL services since 2013-14 and have been regularly paying my monthly bills as per the bill amount that I have been receiving from IGL. However, at the beginning of this month around 5th September I suddenly got a call from IGL customer care informing me that I have a pending amount of Rs 34,822/- to be paid to IGL which completely shocked me (this amount has now been enhanced to Rs 38,000/- in less than a month as per the latest verbal communication from IGL officials who visited our residence on 7th Oct 2017 ). Prior to 5th September 2017, I had not received any verbal communication or any bill or call informing me of the fact that I have an estimated bill coming and that I should be expecting a correction and revised amount to be paid up in the last 4 years.
We reached out to IGL to seek an explanation however did not get any response except being threatened with disconnection again and again and a very aggressive and rude attitude form the officials. Please find attached the complaint lodged in the IGL portal. Post our complaint we have visited them twice on 8th September and 18th Sept and no resolution happened since you were not able to show any records or the full calculation that would justify the inflated amount of billing. You were supposed to call Mr. Ashish Sharma, my husband, for a meeting on 20th Sept however that did not happen and on 7th Oct, we had a couple of IGL officials come to our place again threatening disconnection. They were extremely unreasonable and aggressive in their behaviour when we asked for a formal notice or response to our complaint made earlier. In fact the matter got escalated to a point where we had to call in the police to handle the situation and prevent and unauthorised action being taken by the IGL officials. We also sent written complaints both on email and by a complaint letter explaining our situation to the concerned person (Mr. Vikram Jettley). However none of this has been acknowledged by them neither have they taken any action to help answer our queries raised in our complaint which are stated below for your reference:
1. Why was I not informed in 4 years that I was receiving an estimated bill?
2. Why were the IGL record books recording show tht 'meter reading not available' when the meter reading was in a photo printed on the bill?
3. How has this amount been calculated, what is the basis?
4. Why does no one answer our question as to why suddenly these charges have appeared out of nowhere?
5. How can I be treated in such a horrible fashion by the company officials and how can you even threaten us with a disconnection while there is a dispute going on?
6. I need to know and understand these queries asap and an assurance that the connection will not be tampered with till the matter is resolved with the understand on both parties.
What we are seeking is an understanding as to how this amount has been calculated and get into a reasonable mediation process with IGL to resolve the situation.
Today: Chhavi is counting on you
Chhavi Leekha needs your help with “Vikramjettley@igl.co.in; : Threats by IGL - Indrapratha Gas Limited”. Join Chhavi and 24 supporters today.