Make Government and DVLA clarify their registration for converted vans to motor caravan.

0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!

Many people are trying to convert vans and mini buses to enable them to have a few days away.  Legally according to DVLA you need to register your converted van as a motor caravan on your V5.  Until recently this has been successfully done by following guidance from DVLA.  Recently there have been many people refused this due to exterior "not being in spirit of a camper van".  These conversions take a lot of time, money, love and dedication and it is heart breaking when your hard work is refused registration.  Registration affects insurance class.  DVLA cannot give any set guidance as have told many they do not have any themselves.  Please clarify the guidelines and let us abide by the law and reclassify our vehicles as motor caravans.