Protect & value UK Citizens' existing Freedom of Movement rights in Brexit negotiations
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
I started the Big EU Passport campaign to highlight the fact that the Freedom of Movement Rights of UK Citizens, who are currently EU Citizens, are not being prioritised in Brexit negotiations yet we currently have the Right to live and work in 31 countries.
The full statement in the passport is as follows:
"This UK Passport gives us, as EU Citizens, the Right to live and work in 28 EU Countries (& 3 EEA Countries). We, the undersigned, do not want to lose this Right and ask that our Rights are fully protected and that they are valued and considered in any Brexit negotiations."
The people signing the passport have fallen into some of the following groups, all of whom are immediately affected if by any chance we were to lose these rights:
- Those who have lived abroad over 15 years - They received no vote in the EU Referendum.
- Those who work as contractors abroad in the EU. These people live in the UK and are presumably not counted in the "1 million UK in the EU" group, yet are very much affected as they need easy access to work across Europe.
- Those who have family members living in Europe such as their grown up children who live in Europe or cousins who live there. Are all these families now to have barriers between them which weren't there before ? What if elderly parents want to move to be nearer their kids? Or a young person wants to live near their cousins?
- Have a history where their family had fled war in Europe and settled in the UK. They have grown up with strong connections with Europe.
- Young folk who have made career choices in engineering and science or in languages and European Law who had assumed there would be free movement and our passport was something that we already possessed. They have grown up with this free movement and don't even question it.
So firstly let's at least make sure our RIGHTS ARE BEING CONSIDERED !!
Please sign this Petition and help us to show that many of us support keeping our Freedom of Movement rights.
Today: Jennifer is counting on you
Jennifer Wilson needs your help with “UK Government: Protect & value UK Citizens' existing Freedom of Movement rights in Brexit negotiations”. Join Jennifer and 694 supporters today.