Increase Plant-based Options and instate "Plant-Powered Tuesdays" at the Dining Commons
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
Annually, humans claim over 56 billion farmed animal victims in taking their lives for food.
In the interest of these animals, the environment, and sustainability and student health initiatives, UC Davis must begin to make changes in the way it feeds its community, especially in the Dining Commons.
The proposed changes to the Dining Commons are the following:
1. Instate "Plant-Powered Tuesdays."
2. Cook with oil, or plant based butter instead of animal based butter in pastas.
3. Revamp pancake and waffle recipes so that they be completely plant-based.
4. Offer at least one entirely plant-based pizza per meal.
5. Switch over to entirely plant-based bread.
6. Substitute animal based meats with plant-based proteins, especially in the Mongolian Station and pre-made salads/ entrees.
The purpose of switching the current menu items to completely plant-based alternatives is twofold. These amendments will not only to open the above food items to more students and community members, but because these foods do not require animal products in their preparation to maintain their authenticity, they can be just as tasty, much healthier, and much more environmentally friendly if unnecessary animal products are removed and substituted in the recipes.
By enacting these changes in the Dining Commons, UC Davis will be acting in the direct benefit of its students, its community (both global and local), the animals, and the planet.
Thank you for your participation in augmenting plant-based options in the Dining Commons!
Today: P.E.A.C.E. at UC Davis is counting on you
P.E.A.C.E. at UC Davis needs your help with “UC Davis Dining Services: Increase Plant-based Options and instate "Plant-Powered Tuesdays" in the UC Davis Dining Commons”. Join P.E.A.C.E. at UC Davis and 301 supporters today.