Stop The Hilton Head National Project!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 5,000!
IF YOU LIVE ANYWHERE NEAR THE HILTON HEAD NATIONAL GOLF COURSE, including Heritage Lakes, Foreman Hill Road, Alljoy Road and the Township of Bluffton, YOUR LIFESTYLE IS IN DANGER, OUR WATERS ARE IN DANGER, AND TRAFFIC WILL BE EVEN WORSE THAN IT NOW IS if the Beaufort County Council approves the development plans for the 300 acre tract of land where Hilton Head National Golf Course now sits.
The development plans include: 600 single and multi-family homes, 400,000 sf of retail space, a waterfun park with 650 parking spaces, 125,000sf of office space, 100,000sf convention center, 1,500 seat performing arts center, a 500 room hotel, a 400 bed assisted living building, 2 schools with 1,200 students, widening Malphrus Road to four lanes along with a traffic circle between the Bluffton Parkway and Foreman Hill Road.
Each of us that are signing this petition are concerned with the following issues:
1. Density. We ask that council members address each of the 10 proposed aspects of this development plan on an individual basis. Are they needed? What if one fails? Will additional housing be allowed to take its place? We implore you use history as a guide. Example: Hilton Head Arts Center now sitting idle without support.
2. Hwy. 278 & Bluffton Parkway Traffic. Each and EVERY day, traffic to Hilton Head is backed up beyond the proposed location of this development. No traffic study was done on weekends during peak tourist season.
3. Storm Water Runoff. The proposed amount of impervious surface added to that already existing at the Tanger Outlets will further degrade both the May River and MacKay Creek with the volume of storm water runoff.
4. Our Way Of Life. All of us that chose to live between the proposed site and the Town of Bluffton chose it at great cost because of it's location and peaceful and relaxed lifestyle. Both Foreman Hill Road and Alljoy Road are primarily residential and should this development be built, traffic will increase ten fold as its residents head to downtown Bluffton. Remember that Alljoy Road is a dead end road with golf carts, joggers, children and pets on it every day, all day long. So much extra traffic will change our entire way of life and a lifestyle we treasure.
5. Council Meetings. We ask that the County Council hold meetings regarding this project in Bluffton instead of Beaufort much like the zoning board did. This project, and its implications, are simply too important and residents in the area that work should have the opportunity to voice questions and/or concerns regarding this project. All too often, council meetings are held in Beaufort at a time that doesn't allow these folks to make the trip across the Broad to these meetings.
Today: Save Our Bluffton State of Mind is counting on you
Save Our Bluffton State of Mind needs your help with “firstname.lastname@example.org: Stop The Hilton Head National Project!”. Join Save Our Bluffton State of Mind and 4,312 supporters today.