- The Scottish GovernmentSchool Infrastructure Unit
The Scottish Parliament: Call-In the Decision By Aberdeen City Council To Close Torry Academy
A summary of the grounds for call-in as detailed in the letter is as follows:
1. Democratic process
a. A failure to follow due democratic process
b. Failure to properly consult
c. Education Scotland (HMI) policy deviation
d. Insufficient consideration of viable alternatives
e. Lack of a cohesive plan for education
f. Involvement of Aberdeen City Council Parent Council Forum
2. The closure of Torry Academy
a. Insufficient consideration of the effect of the closure on the community.
b. No exit strategy for Torry Academy building
3. The suitability of the new site
a. Insufficient consideration of the effects of the additional time to travel to and from the new site
b. Insufficient risk assessment and hazard mitigation in regards to road safety and traffic management
The letter that has been prepared is a lengthy indepth document and it would be inappropriate to circulate by providing every parent/carer with a copy. However, we do feel it is important that parents have access to this letter in order to come to their own conclusion.
· Viewing on Saint Fittick Art’s Festival Website: http://www.saint-fittick.org.uk/index.asp?pageid=512304
· Viewing at Torry Community Council website http://www.torrycommunitycouncil.webs.com
· Asking for a copy of the letter at Torry library
· Asking for a copy at Balnagask Community Centre
· By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting a copy.
You have until the evening of October 3rd 2013 for petition Apologies for the short notice but all Call-ins must be done with 3 weeks of the decision being made.
Please return form/s by email to:
Or post/deliver to:
Old Torry Community Council, 2 Abbey Place, Torry Aberdeen.
Must be there by October 1st 10am
- School Infrastructure Unit
The Scottish Government
Call-In the Decision By Aberdeen City To Close Torry Academy
Renee Slater started this petition with a single signature, and now has 343 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.
Today: Renee is counting on you
Renee Slater needs your help with “The Scottish Parliament: Call-In the Decision By Aberdeen City Council To Close Torry Academy”. Join Renee and 342 supporters today.