STOP THE ONBOARDING OF MAZZONI CENTER NEW CEO LYDIA GONZALEZ SCIARRINO - And other DEMANDS
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
SVU: Episode 3,009
Episode Title: A cis-hetero Latinx Woman wants to lead an organization that says they focus on the Health and Well-Being of LGBTQ folx especially HIV+ and folx of trans experience.
She has no RELEVANT EXPERIENCE IN THE FIELD OF HIV OR TRANS HEALTH.
She is a Floridian [latin: cum] Gentrifier who says things like Mazzoni is at the cusp of a new movement—we aren’t sure what cusp she is talking about.
The Board of this organization has not heeded the SAGE advice of staff front-line, paraprofessional or middle-management.
Or the countless direct responders to workplace violence such as survivors of the acts of former Medical Director Dr. Winn, poz (HIV+) patients, Black and Brown Trans folx or the extended community targeted by funding streams at this agency.
To put it frankly: this body (the board) has continued the legacy of adjacent workplace violence by continuing to make BAD BAD DECISIONS BIGLY.
Christopher Pope ~ the Board Pres. was/is complicit in the perpetual violence because he’s been on the board for years, he knew that #NuritKnew and yet and still feels like he should continue as LEAD gate-keeper of Mazzoni.
SOME NEWLY CRAFTED DEMANDS OF STAFF AND COMMUNITY ARE:
1. A public meeting of the board and community, moderated by a mutually agreed upon third-party. Within 2 weeks of this posting.
2. That ALL LEGACY BOARD MEMBERS - those who held positions during the Dr. Winn travesty and #NuritKnew and the following UNION mess surrounding employing a known ALT-right agency to suppress the union vote to RESIGN EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY!
3. MANDATORY ANTI-Oppression trainings by an agency that front-line staff collectively vote (majority vote) to hire to lead this work.
4. Routinized assessments/audits of Board acitivities and a compliance officer to ensure the board adheres to BYLAWS and all applicable laws.
5. A public and DECLARATIVE APOLOGY FOR THE PAIN, HURT AND AGONY THEY CONTINUE TO INFLICT ON THE MOST MARGINALIZED COMMUNITY MEMBERS.
6. A DEMOCRATIC PROCESS FOR CHOOSING THE BEST FIT FOR PERMANENT CEO. (without salaried Senior ADMIN STAFF being privileged)
7. An agreement of the board in LEGAL documentation to disallow current interim CEO GLASSMAN TO EVER INFLUENCE OR SIT ON THE BOARD OF MAZZONI CENTER.
8. STAFF SELECTED HONOREES FOR THE UPCOMING GALA #METAMORPHOSIS
9. Walking PAPERS:
-Ron Powers - COO of Mazzoni Center
-Perry Monastero - Director of Development
-Dane Menkin - Clinical Operations Director
these folx either impeded transformation at Mazzoni or did outright horrific actions against transwomen, Black women and otherwise intimidated/retaliated against staff.
These DEMANDS were informed by staff current/past, patients and the Black and Brown Workers Cooperative
Today: Black and Brown Workers Collective is counting on you
Black and Brown Workers Collective needs your help with “The COMMUNITY!!: STOP THE ONBOARDING OF MAZZONI CENTER NEW CEO LYDIA GONZALEZ SCIARRINO - And other DEMANDS”. Join Black and Brown Workers Collective and 150 supporters today.