The Resignation of Texas State University Student Body President - Conner Clegg
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
Texas State University Mission, Values, and Goals:
Texas State University is a doctoral-granting, student-centered institution dedicated to excellence and innovation in teaching, research, including creative expression, and service. The university strives to create new knowledge, to embrace a diversity of people and ideas, to foster cultural and economic development, and to prepare its graduates to participate fully and freely as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
Our Shared Values
In pursuing our mission, we, the faculty, staff, and students of Texas State University, are guided by a shared collection of values:
- Teaching and learning based on research, student involvement, and the free exchange of ideas in a supportive environment;
- Research and creative activities that encompass the full range of academic disciplines—research with relevance, from the sciences to the arts, from the theoretical to the applied;
- The cultivation of character, integrity, honesty, civility, compassion, fairness, respect, and ethical behavior in all members of our university community;
- A diversity of people and ideas, a spirit of inclusiveness, a global perspective, and a sense of community as essential conditions for campus life;
- A commitment to service and leadership for the public good;
- Responsible stewardship of our resources and environment; and
- Continued reflection and evaluation to ensure that our strengths as a community always benefit those we serve.
- Promote the success of all students.
- Offer high quality academic and education programming.
- Achieve significant progress in research and creative activity as measured by national standards.
- Provide the necessary services, resources, and infrastructure to support the university's strategic direction.
Approved by the President’s Cabinet on October 3, 2016, and Revised on December 19, 2016 (Approved by the Board of Regents on February 16, 2017, and by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board on February 24, 2017.)
The recent images that have surfaced from Student Body President Conner Clegg's Instagram account are nothing more than explicitly racist.
These images, taken by Conner Clegg, do not uphold the values of Texas State University and show that he is entirely unfit to represent the student body.
I'm calling on alumni, current students, faculty, staff, and parents of Texas State University as well as concerned citizens to demand Student Body President Conner Clegg's immediate resignation.
Today: David is counting on you
David Eisenberg needs your help with “Texas State University : The Resignation of Texas State University Student Body President - Conner Clegg”. Join David and 488 supporters today.