Save our kids, save our future - Oppose the construction site in Burwood Public School
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
A Development Application to extend the 8-storey development，68-72 Railway Parade and 2-10 Oxford Street BURWOOD， between the school and Railway Parade is now on display. The due date of the final approval will be on 2nd November 2017.
As feared, the significant impact to the school and our kids will be:
1. This extension will greatly increase the overshadowing of the grassed playground, when compared to the already-approved development. As the development is on the north side of the whole campus, this extension will greatly increase the overshadowing of the grassed playground, when compared to the already-approved development. Our kids are staying in the school 6 hours per day; everyone knows that human being need sunshine to get vitamins, especially for kids. With the potentially lack of sunshine, which seems almost gone, we are significantly worried about their health matter.
2. Due to the existing site, which has started the construction already, the school has lost half of the playground. The North-West corner of the school is surrounded by a deep whole, by only simply covered by a thin fabric fence. This is brought out as a safe issue. The site of the playground must be decreased further during/after the construction, by doing landscaping arear around the building. Our kids will have not enough space for sports and playing.
3. It will also overlook the playground. With the people moving into the building, our school campus will be disclosed or exposed to all the residents. They can overlook our kids daily activity all day long. Australia is a country which pays more attention to “Privacy”. This building will make our kids life no privacy at all, and it’s to be even worse if the development was approved with more storeys.
4. Further to the 3rd concern, more residents means more traffic issues. Our kids will be/are already in a high-volume of traffic area. The 2 construction sites on the right hand side of the school, Burwood Grand 47-49 Belmore Street and Aluma, 7 Conder Street, Burwood, have been made lots of traffic jam and trouble to the school. Lots of big trucks are passing through in front of the school, even during the time of school zone hour in the morning and afternoon. The relevant developments only give 1 day notice, or even no notice at all(which had happened) to the school for the road block, which is such a ridiculous manner. As the parents, we are more than worried about the traffic condition.
5. Everyone knows that there have been lots of big blocks in Burwood arear; as a high-density suburb, the capacity of the local public school will be having a serious issue, that whether there be enough space to accept the future local students? Burwood Public School is current lack of space, so that the school has to have built up “container classroom” for our kids. To think about when all the residential buildings were settled one day, we are more than worried about our next generation.
Now, we parents strongly urging the relevant departments of government to reject this application, to save our kids, save our future!
Today: Angelina is counting on you
Angelina Sun needs your help with “Sydney Planning Panel: Save our kids, save our future - Oppose the construction site in Burwood Public School”. Join Angelina and 308 supporters today.