Support a Special Review Audit of Baltimore County Public Schools!
This petition had 1,348 supporters
We support a Special Review Audit of Baltimore County Public Schools contracts, procurement, vendor relationships, and ethical compliance by the Office of Legislative Audits!
We know that our legislators agree in the Board of Education's responsibility for oversight of our school system to ensure that education funding is spent wisely ethically and to the maximum benefit of our students. The appropriate audit would begin the process of restoring the public trust in our system's leadership.
Why the Special Audit is needed:
- Several ethics violations and other questionable conduct by BCPS leadership have raised questions around BCPS contracts and possible improper influcence by ed tech vendors.
- The next implementation phase of BCPS's ed tech initiative is rollout of devices to all high school students and teachers, so the board will soon consider huge contracts which could cost taxpayers another $200 MILLION!
- We have crumbling facilities, special ed cutbacks, transportation issues, and almost every department of the system is suffering in order to put expensive laptops in the hands of every student starting in Kindergarten.
- We had a change in leadership; it is to the benefit of our new incoming superintendent to have a comprehensive audit to set a baseline before their tenure starts.
- Any audit of BCPS should not be designed and directed by the subject of the audit.
- We need more than a standard compliance audit; but a forensic, comprehensive, independent audit.
BRING INTEGRITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY TO BCPS! BRING ON THE AUDIT!
Today: BACo for Accountability of BCPS Leadership is counting on you
BACo for Accountability of BCPS Leadership needs your help with “Support a Special Review Audit of Baltimore County Public Schools!”. Join BACo for Accountability of BCPS Leadership and 1,347 supporters today.