Implement a modern voting system for use in SGA elections at Virginia Tech where student voters can count the votes, proving the election is honest and accurate.
This petition had 4 supporters
"We the People" are campaigning for provably honest elections. Integrity must be brought back into elections to keep democracy thriving by the people and for the people.
We urge the Student Government Association at Virginia Tech to lead by example. The SGA can accomplish this by implementing a modern online voting system for use in SGA elections, one that is:
- Open-source and thus verifiable
5 Reasons Why Hokies Should Petition The Student Government Association At Virginia Tech To Use Follow My Vote’s Voting System:
- Virginia Tech strives to be on the cutting edge of new technologies and innovation. All Virginia Tech students will get a chance to use a revolutionary new technology that will change the world. This is a chance to show the world that Hokies really do invent the future.
- Voter turnout is an issue. Through research and customer discovery we found that current students are generally unaware of SGA, SGA elections, and the responsibilities of SGA. We are confident that using our system will generate lots of excitement and set the campus abuzz, which will undoubtedly increase voter turnout for the SGA election.
- Currently the faculty tallies and reports results. Candidates and students must trust the results they are provided with are truly accurate. With our system, students will be able to view candidate profiles, vote online, and view results in real-time, all while gaining total transparency into the election results.
- With better voter turnout the faculty can be sure that the SGA is representing the student body. The SGA executives can then campaign for real decision making opportunities, meaning the students will have a real say in the events and decisions at Virginia Tech.
- Doing so would be a win for Virginia Tech students, the SGA, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, and Follow My Vote, which is located in Blacksburg and was founded by Virginia Tech alumni.
Help Hokies invent the future of voting by signing this petition today!
Today: Valerie is counting on you
Valerie Grove needs your help with “Student Government Assocation at Virginia Tech, President Sands, Patricia A. Perillo, VP of Student Affairs at Virginia Tech: Implement a modern voting system for use in SGA elections at Virginia Tech where student voters can count the votes, proving the election is honest and accurate.”. Join Valerie and 3 supporters today.