STOP THE $5 MILLION DOLLAR GLEN HEAD / GLENWOOD WATER TOWER PROJECT
This petition had 707 supporters
EACH SIGNATURE REQUIRES A DIFFERENT EMAIL ADDRESS! FAKE EMAILS DON'T WORK!
NY American Water is on track to replace your water tower!
The current tower will be replaced with a solid concrete cylinder that will support the new water tank. (Design shown in picture) This industrial style design will be an eyesore if built, and will not fit in with the quaint village style of the North Shore.
- The $5 million price tag will be in the form of Surcharge hikes on your water bill.
- The water company has never performed any maintenance on the existing tower, but expects the residents and businesses of Glen Head, Glenwood, and Sea Cliff to incur the costs. Lack of proper maintenance is no excuse for justifying a brand-new tower.
- American water does what is best for their shareholders, not their customers.
A complete renovation of the existing tower. Other Long Island towns, including Oyster bay, Carle Place, and Freeport have had this done.
- Estimated costs are approximately $700k, less than 1/5th the price of a new tower. This would prevent the need for rate hikes on your bill.
- The process: Both the inside and outside of the water tower are sandblasted down to the bare metal. Any damage to the steel is re-welded and repaired. It is then repainted with an Epoxy coating. The entire process is performed with a canvas covering the entire tower to prevent debris from affecting the adjacent properties.
- This renovation should last approximately 20-25 years.
A new tower of the same design and dimensions would also be an acceptable alternative.
Today: Carol is counting on you
Carol LoMastro needs your help with “STOP THE $5 MILLION DOLLAR GLEN HEAD / GLENWOOD WATER TOWER PROJECT”. Join Carol and 706 supporters today.