STOP ACADEMISATION at Springfield Primary School
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
As the parent community of Springfield Primary School, we have been ignored for too long. We are disgusted at the restructure which has resulted in some of the best teachers having to leave. We don't believe that Springfield Primary School should become an academy. We oppose academisation for the following reasons:
1. Academies do not attain greater results than local authority schools
2. They will fill our school with cheaper and in some cases unqualified staff
3. They have Executive Heads taking salaries of up to £150,000
4. From similar academisatons, the money seems to goes to management and is not effectively distributed towards resources
5. They are allowed to take a percentage off the school budget before our children benefit
6. The proposed new Academy Reach2 are not what we want- even schools in South London have stopped them taking over as they did not help in raising standards
7. Why privatise and make a business from educating our nation's children
8. We have already lost experienced long standing teachers and those remaining are vulnerable/at risk of being made redundant
By signing this petition, we can show Birmingham City Council we do not support the implementation of restructure and academisation of Springfield Primary School
Today: Parents at Springfield is counting on you
Parents at Springfield Primary needs your help with “STOP ACADEMISATION at Springfield Primary School”. Join Parents at Springfield and 656 supporters today.