Improve Mine Safety in South America
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Proposal for the Implementation of New Rules and Regulations for South American Mines
This proposal is regarding the non existent or unenforced rules and regulations in South American mines. I intend to have rules and regulations created by the Mining Safety and Health Association located in the United States to be implemented in order to create a safe environment for the miners.
Improvements that are essential to the safety of South American mines includes giving the miners a set of rights. The following will be included:
- Right to request an inspection on any issues or questions on any part of a mine
- Right to be paid for certain periods of time when a mine, or parts of a mine, has been closed because of a withdrawal order
- Right to receive health and safety training during your normal working hours and to be paid for that time at your regular rate of pay
- Right to have a representative accompany an inspector during inspections at your mine
Rules and Regulations that should be implemented in all mines within South America include the following:
- A mine must only be reopened when an inspector has confirmed that the mine has resolved any previous hazards discovered, no exceptions
- Proper precautions must be taken when a mine contains an unsafe temperature for the safety of miners
- Efficient air ventilation is mandatory to ensure that the miners do not suffocate or inhale any toxic materials
- Duty of Care Laws are necessary in order to keep Mine Operators from creating weak safety conditions
- An available Hotline is necessary to allow miners to report any issues within a mine in a convenient and timely manner
- The use of Seismic System can prevent the rescue team from not knowing where trapped miners are located
With implementing a handful of these improvements, it can determine whether miners will survive a mine accident, let alone manage to be rescued. Thank you.
Today: Samantha is counting on you
Samantha Gallardo needs your help with “South America : Improve Mine Safety in South America”. Join Samantha and 32 supporters today.