SIC Planning Department: Stop the proposed salmon farm at Muckle Roe beauty spot
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,500!
Grieg Seafood Shetland Ltd have made an application for planning permission to locate an extensive salmon farm comprising eight 120m circumference cages and 14m x 10m feed barge at the south end of Muckle Roe directly off the 'Muckle Ayre'. This development would adversely affect:
- Quality of life for residents living nearby, disruption from noise and light pollution
- Wildlife, Seals, otters etc
- Locally based leisure activities, kayaking, canoeing, scuba diving
- Environment, Salmon and feed waste ending up on surrounding beaches
- Scenic area enjoyed by locals and tourists alike
Today: Muckle Roe is counting on you
Muckle Roe Shetland needs your help with “SIC Planning Department : SIC Planning: Stop the proposed salmon farm at Muckle Roe beauty spot”. Join Muckle Roe and 1,052 supporters today.