Shopify: stop doing business with racist, sexist, Islamaphobic, Anti-Semitic Breitbart
This petition had 435 supporters
Breitbart, the largest website for “alt-right” sexism, racism, hate speech, and white nationalism, funds itself with merchandise sold on Shopify.
Breitbart has already been banned by major service providers for hate speech policy violations, but Shopify is continuing to do business with them.
Dozens of companies, including large corporations like Kelloggs, BMW, and Allstate and many others like Welch’s, Warby Parker, and AARP, have recently announced that they have blocked their ads from appearing on Breitbart in their AdWords / Doubleclick accounts (here's how to let companies know) because the content on the site is so unacceptable. Hundreds of other companies have also removed their ads from Breitbart without public comment: just a few weeks ago ads from companies like Nike, Hyundai, Adidas, and Urban Outfitters appeared frequently and now they have completely disappeared. Many of these companies have privately notified their employees that they are permanently discontinuing their ads on Breitbart.
But Shopify has continued to do business with Breitbart, helping to fuel their hateful content.
Recent real headlines on Breitbart include:
- "Birth Control Makes Women Unattractive and Crazy"
- "Muslims Are ‘Different’, ‘Won’t Integrate’, ‘See World Differently’ Says Ex-Equality Chief"
- "Sorry, Girls! But The Smartest People In The World Are All Men"
- "How To Make Women Happy: Uninvent The Washing Machine And The Pill"
- "Muslim Profiling Isn’t Illegal, Unconstitutional, or Un-American"
Shopify: it's way past time to end your support for this racist, sexist, and hateful site.
Want to do even more to help?
1. Tweet at the Shopify CEO and ask him to do the right thing: @tobi
2. Learn more about stopping Breitbart and join the effort to get advertisers to stop advertising on Breitbart:
Today: United Against Hate Speech is counting on you
United Against Hate Speech needs your help with “Shopify: stop doing business with racist, sexist, Islamaphobic, Anti-Semitic Breitbart”. Join United Against Hate Speech and 434 supporters today.