Remove dedicated cycle track on NE 65th Street from Master Bicycle Plan.
This petition had 336 supporters
NE 65th is a poor choice for a cycle track:
1. It is one of the heaviest trafficked streets in North Seattle, serving several neighborhoods along its corridor
2. In addition to private vehicles, it's a thoroughfare for Metro buses, school buses, delivery trucks, garbage trucks and emergency vehicles, many of which make frequent stops.
3. NE 65th is already over-crowded resulting in long traffic jams.
4. The removal of parking lanes would negatively affect the many small businesses along the street.
There are safer, more logical alternatives:
1. Ravenna Blvd to NE 55th street to Burke-Gillman Trail;
2. NE 68th which connects Greenlake to Magnuson.
Today: Residents of is counting on you
Residents of Ravenna needs your help with “Seattle Department of Transportation; Seattle City Council: Remove dedicated cycle track on NE 65th Street from Master Bicycle Plan.”. Join Residents of and 335 supporters today.