Save the Art Gallery in Palmerston North
0 have signed. Let’s get to 5,000!
The public Art Gallery in Palmerston North needs to be run by an independent Trust Board, separate from Te Manawa Museums Trust.
Since merging with the Museum:
- The Art Gallery has lost its national standing and identity, and is a sad shadow of its former self
- Far less art activities are now held at the Art Gallery
- Exhibitions often run for months on end
- Visitor numbers to the Art Gallery have plummeted
- In 2018 Te Manawa had planned to close the Art Gallery for up to 10 months - it was only after a public outcry, and Council intervention, that this lengthy closure was slashed by a full seven months
- The very existence of the Art Gallery remains under threat, with an uncertain future ahead - the Art Gallery building may be demolished, despite being structurally sound
If we don't act now to save the Art Gallery in Palmerston North, then we may lose it forever.
We ask Palmerston North City Council to:
1. Remove the Art Gallery from the control of Te Manawa Museums Trust;
2. Appoint a new Trust Board to take care of the Art Gallery and look after the valuable art collections inside.
Today: Bronwyn is counting on you
Bronwyn Zimmerman needs your help with “Save the Art Gallery in Palmerston North”. Join Bronwyn and 3,710 supporters today.