Save the Art Gallery in Palmerston North
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
The public Art Gallery in Palmerston North needs to be run by an independent Trust Board, separate from Te Manawa Museums Trust.
Since merging with the Museum:
- The Art Gallery has lost its national standing and identity, and is a sad shadow of its former self
- Far less art activities are now held at the Art Gallery
- Exhibitions often run for months on end
- Visitor numbers to the Art Gallery have plummeted
- The Art Gallery is now closed until 2019, for up to 10 months. This lengthy closure leaves a substantial hole in Manawatu's art offering, with around $12 million worth of art locked away inside
- Even the very existence of the Art Gallery is now under threat, with an uncertain future ahead - the Art Gallery building may be demolished, despite being structurally sound
If we don't act now to save the Art Gallery in Palmerston North, then we may lose it forever.
We ask Palmerston North City Council to:
1. Remove the Art Gallery from the control of Te Manawa Museums Trust;
2. Appoint a new Trust Board to take care of the Art Gallery and look after the valuable art collections inside.
Today: Bronwyn is counting on you
Bronwyn Zimmerman needs your help with “Save the Art Gallery in Palmerston North”. Join Bronwyn and 203 supporters today.