Former Mayor of Oakham Responds...
Sep 1, 2016 — Earlier today on The Rutland Forum on Facebook, Paul Beech (the former Mayor of Oakham, see http://tinyurl.com/jae2yr2) reacted to the planned Tweetstorm by saying the following...
'Ignore it. If you've got half a mind to Tweet about this then that's all you need. Half a mind. Leave us alone, whether you agree or not why don't you all just take your protest and 'shuv' it where the sun doesn't shine. Some of you might like that.'
We have some thoughts & questions for the consideration of former Mayor Paul Beech...
- If fox hunts continue to break the law and deliberately & intentionally hunt foxes for sport & attack badger setts to prolong the chase they are unlikely to be left alone. Perhaps former Mayor Paul Beech might give equal consideration to why the people he's defending don't leave foxes & badgers alone?
- We don't appreciate the implied homophobia.
- Is former Mayor Paul Beech a paid subscriber of The Cottesmore Hunt?
- Is former Mayor Paul Beech aware of the prosecution last year of The Cottesmore Hunt employee Dean Jones for blocking a badger sett, contrary to The Protection of Badgers Act 1992, and what it signifies regarding the intentions of The Cottesmore Hunt?
- Are there any other crimes he overlooks?
- Why did former Mayor Paul Beech twice sign the same petition favouring The Cottesmore Hunt (http://tinyurl.com/gksjtm5)?
- What other legal opposition to crime & cruelty does former Mayor Paul Beech believe should ''shuv it' where the sun doesn't shine?'
We await answers.
Keep fighting for people power!
Politicians and rich CEOs shouldn't make all the decisions. Today we ask you to help keep Change.org free and independent. Our job as a public benefit company is to help petitions like this one fight back and get heard. If everyone who saw this chipped in monthly we'd secure Change.org's future today. Help us hold the powerful to account. Can you spare a minute to become a member today?I'll power Change with $5 monthly