Royal Palms Toxic Sweage Waste and hazards Aaray colony
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
Royal Palms Aaray colony , Goregaon E, for the past year people have faced extremely hazardous situations face by the community as a whole , Causing threat to basic life and safety under the Indian Constitution ' right to life ', clean air and water .
Current Hazards Faced by the community at large .
1. Orchid Mall A wing, B wing And C wing are responsible directly for the uncontrolled waste and sewage that leaves their mall. Due to an indirect action of the builders remaking of the Road behind the mall which was started a 1.5 years ago. The pipe and drainage of the mall was destroyed. Allowing sewage water to exit the mall and fill the back soil with toxic pollutant. The soil has become hazards, And the waste water open on the road, drains down the main RP entrance Gate into the market area where it collects and drains into the village down. As the monsoons has started the main toxins will over flow in to the opposite MHADA Complex cause Sicknesses such as Below.
Disease and Transmission
pathway Microbial Agent Sources of Agent in Water Supply General Symptoms
Schistosomiasis (immersion) Members of the genus
Fresh water contaminated with certain types of
snails that carry schistosomes Rash or itchy skin. Fever, chills, cough, and muscle aches
Worm Disease) Dracunculus medinensis Stagnant water containing larvae Allergic reaction, urticaria rash, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, asthmatic
Taeniasis Tapeworms of the genus Taenia Drinking water contaminated with eggs Intestinal disturbances, neurologic manifestations, loss of weight,
Fasciolopsiasis Fasciolopsis buski Drinking water contaminated with encysted
GIT disturbance, diarrhea, liver enlargement, cholangitis, cholecystitis,
Tapeworm Infection) Hymenolepis nana Drinking water contaminated with eggs Abdominal pain, severe weight loss, itching around the anus, nervous
Onchocerca volvulus and
Wolbachia Black fly bites (insects breed in fast-moving water) Skin papules, swollen lymph nodes, itching, swelling of face, skin
changes. Destruction of eye tissue leading to blindness
disease) Echinococcus granulosus Drinking water contaminated with feces (usually
canid) containing eggs
Liver enlargement, hydatid cysts press on bile duct and blood vessels; if
cysts rupture they can cause anaphylactic shock
Coenurosis Multiceps multiceps contaminated drinking water with eggs Increases intacranial tension
Ascariasis Ascaris lumbricoides Drinking water contaminated with feces (usually
canid) containing eggs
Mostly, disease is asymptomatic or accompanied by inflammation,
fever, and diarrhea. Severe cases involve Löffler's syndrome in lungs,
nausea, vomiting, malnutrition, and underdevelopment.
Enterobiasis Enterobius vermicularis Drinking water contaminated with eggs Peri-anal itch, nervous irritability, hyperactivity and insomnia
Botulism Clostridium botulinum
Bacteria can enter an open wound from
contaminated water sources. Can enter the
gastrointestinal tract by consuming contaminated
drinking water or (more commonly) food
Dry mouth, blurred and/or double vision, difficulty swallowing, muscle
weakness, difficulty breathing, slurred speech, vomiting and sometimes
diarrhea. Death is usually caused by respiratory failure.
Campylobacteriosis Most commonly caused by
Campylobacter jejuni Drinking water contaminated with feces Produces dysentery like symptoms along with a high fever. Usually lasts
Cholera Spread by the bacterium Vibrio
cholerae Drinking water contaminated with the bacterium
In severe forms it is known to be one of the most rapidly fatal illnesses
known. Symptoms include very watery diarrhea, nausea, cramps,
nosebleed, rapid pulse, vomiting, and hypovolemic shock (in severe
cases), at which point death can occur in 12–18 hours.
E. coli Infection Certain strains of Escherichia coli
(commonly E. coli) Water contaminated with the bacteria
Mostly diarrhea. Can cause death in immunocompromised individuals,
the very young, and the elderly due to dehydration from prolonged
M. marinum infection Mycobacterium marinum
Naturally occurs in water, most cases from
exposure in swimming pools or more frequently
aquariums; rare infection since it mostly infects
Symptoms include lesions typically located on the elbows, knees, and
feet (from swimming pools) or lesions on the hands (aquariums).
Lesions may be painless or painful.
Caused by a number of species
in the genera Shigella and
Salmonella with the most
common being Shigella
Water contaminated with the bacterium Frequent passage of feces with blood and/or mucus and in some cases
vomiting of blood.
Legionellosis (two distinct
forms: Legionnaires’ disease
and Pontiac fever)
Caused by bacteria belonging to
genus Legionella (90% of cases
caused by Legionella
Contaminated water: the organism thrives in warm
Pontiac fever produces milder symptoms resembling acute influenza
without pneumonia. Legionnaires’ disease has severe symptoms such
as fever, chills, pneumonia (with cough that sometimes produces
sputum), ataxia, anorexia, muscle aches, malaise and occasionally
diarrhea and vomiting
Leptospirosis Caused by bacterium of genus
Water contaminated by the animal urine carrying
Begins with flu-like symptoms then resolves. The second phase then
occurs involving meningitis, liver damage (causes jaundice), and renal
Otitis Externa (swimmer’s
Caused by a number of bacterial
and fungal species.
Swimming in water contaminated by the
responsible pathogens Ear canal swells causing pain and tenderness to the touch
Salmonellosis Caused by many bacteria of
Drinking water contaminated with the bacteria.
More common as a food borne illness. Symptoms include diarrhea, fever, vomiting, and abdominal cramps
Vibrio vulnificus, Vibrio
alginolyticus, and Vibrio
Can enter wounds from contaminated water. Also
got by drinking contaminated water or eating
Symptoms include explosive, watery diarrhea, nausea, vomiting,
abdominal cramps, and occasionally fever.
Partial list of diseases caused by untreated sewage
Parasitic Infections (Kingdom Animalia)
A parasite is a disease-causing organism that lives on or in a human or another animal and derives its nourishment from its host.
WWG Information Sheet - Partial list of diseases caused by untreated sewage - Page No 2 / 2
Disease and Transmission
pathway Microbial Agent Sources of Agent in Water Supply General Symptoms
Adenovirus infection Adenovirus Manifests itself in improperly treated water Symptoms include common cold symptoms, pneumonia, croup, and
Gastroenteritis Astrovirus, Calicivirus, Enteric
Adenovirus, and Parvovirus Manifests itself in improperly treated water Symptoms include diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, fever, malaise, and
SARS (Severe Acute
Respiratory Syndrome) Coronavirus Manifests itself in improperly treated water Symptoms include fever, myalgia, lethargy, gastrointestinal symptoms,
cough, and sore throat.
Hepatitis A Hepatitis A virus (HAV) Can manifest itself in water (and food)
Symptoms are only acute (no chronic stage to the virus) and include
Fatigue, fever, abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea, weight loss, itching,
jaundice and depression.
Poliomyelitis (Polio) Poliovirus Enters water through the feces of infected
90-95% of patients show no symptoms, 4-8% have minor symptoms
(comparatively) with delirium, headache, fever, and occasional seizures,
and spastic paralysis, 1% have symptoms of non-paralytic aseptic
meningitis. The rest have serious symptoms resulting in paralysis or
Polyomavirus infection Two of Polyomavirus: JC virus
and BK virus
Very widespread, can manifest itself in water,
~80% of the population has antibodies to
BK virus produces a mild respiratory infection and can infect the
kidneys of immunosuppressed transplant patients. JC virus infects the
respiratory system, kidneys or can cause progressive multifocal
leukoencephalopathy in the brain (which is fatal).
Amoebiasis (hand-to-mouth) Protozoan (Entamoeba
histolytica) (Cyst-like appearance)
Sewage, non-treated drinking water, flies in water
supply Abdominal discomfort, fatigue, weight loss, diarrhea, bloating, fever.
Cryptosporidiosis (oral) Protozoan (Cryptosporidium
Collects on water filters and membranes that
cannot be disinfected, animal manure, seasonal
runoff of water.
Flu-like symptoms, watery diarrhea, loss of appetite, substantial loss of
weight, bloating, increased gas, nausea.
Cyclosporiasis Protozoan parasite (Cyclospora
cayetanensis) Sewage, non-treated drinking water cramps, nausea, vomiting, muscle aches, fever, and fatigue.
Giardiasis (oral-fecal) (handto-mouth)
Protozoan (Giardia lamblia) Most
common intestinal parasite
Untreated water, poor disinfection, pipe breaks,
leaks, groundwater contamination, campgrounds
where humans and wildlife use same source of
water. Beavers and muskrats create ponds that
act as reservoirs for Giardia.
Diarrhea, abdominal discomfort, bloating, and flatulence
(Microsporidia), but closely
related to fungi
The genera of Encephalitozoon intestinalis has
been detected in groundwater, the origin of
drinking water 
Diarrhea and wasting in immunocompromised individuals..
(Ancylostoma, Ascaris, Trichuris and Taenia)
(Cholera vibrio, Salmonella typhosa, Shigella etc.)
2) Everywhere you go there are pot holes and huge mounds of construction material everywhere, cause basic safety of movement with in Royal Palms even for vehicles a risk to human life ....
3) As it is a Gated Society waste regulation should be set as standard for all building in the Society . As vast amount of waste have been displaced in open areas with no repercussion by the society of Royal Palms or fines .
4) A number of residents in Royal palms have shown interest in the removal of stray dogs from the society by using strong language and threats . Even to the extent of hitting dog with their vehicles. Such action is against the Law and must be noted as unlawful .
5) BMC make day and night visits to Royal Palms trying to remove strays from the society , it is illegal to remove dogs from their location unless for sterilization or registered programs , which currently aren't in place. It is against the law to remove any animal from its permanent pack and location. Please see that any action taken by the BMC. Is verified and Authorize before any action is taken by the BMC who have no right to touch any animal in Royal Palms .
6) Sewage waste from Piccadilly building 1 and 2. From an open pipe on the main Rd contributing to the sewage water on the opposite side of the road and water build up outside diamond.
Applicable Laws that action is requested .
Under Article-21 Right to Clean and human environment.
Article-38 Requires state to ensure a social order for the welfare of people . obtained by an unpolluted and clean environment.
Article-48a Constitution requires the state to adopt the protectionist policy as improvinistic policy.
Article-51A(g) It shall be the duty of every citizen of India to protect and improve the natural environment. Including Forests , lakes , rivers, and wildlife, and to have compassion for living creatures.
Water pollution Act 1974
Air pollution Act 1981
Hazardous substances and organisms 1989
1. Orchid Mall have been requested to close all bathrooms in all A.B. C wing 3 section . They have concurred and are promptly closing all sewage wast that is expelled by the property. The water is still not closed but will be shut ASAP.
2. The contamination requires a join effort on the side of the mall and the builder to rectify they complication and hazards caused to the community . A septic tank that is required by law must be installed and checked by the builder as it is his sole duty to maintain a min health requirement and safety standard to the community regardless of any indifference.. Which have, and will create serious , hazardous and life treating damage to the community in all respects . An investigation by the public heath department And the NVBDCP Ministry of health and family welfare.
3. Roads are a right of passage to the properties within Royal Palms ... in such gated communities , they should explicitly state that the road doesn't belong to the community exclusively. Builder may collect for providing common facilities to maintain facilities . But to be clear according to building Bylaws , roads and other common facilities rests with the corporation and Development control regulation of Mumbai.
Conclusion- With the help of the government and the builder creating a synergy with the community to help guarantee a min heath and safety ,we must square our actions inaccordce to Article 21. We the people who inhabit Royal palms find that our legal right to basic standard of acceptable occupancy has been grossly ignored and violated in every way on the community as well as nature. It is impossible to go on like this which will eventually lead to a heath crisis and epidemic of the above medical condition.
Currently all access to the back of the mall should be quarantined until soil analysis and water testing clears the zone .
The MHADA building must block the area from their access , for safety to all its residence.
A septic system had been created for Royal Palms. But is not in use ... reasons unknown . As it lies at the sole discretion of the builder to activate. Regardless once an enquiry is done, one will find no building in Royal Palms has proper heath regulated basic government sewage ,waste or fire regulations required by the government . Disposal requirements of waste are not met, and knowingly allowed wast to flow into Mayurnagar at the bottom, hence contaninating all the crop, dairy and water supply in its area .As well as making the market place a toxic breeding ground for desiese.
Currently the most affected area has an active gym, 4 food eateries a Bakery and a school . And opposit where over a 1000 people who occupy flats live an inhuman conditions in the MHADA buildings eating, sleeping, and studying. Right in the center of the most polluted area in Royal Palms .
Thank you for taking the time, all we request is your voice, Signing this petition is a way to make our voice hear to help the many that suffer due to this negligence buy the societies in power. We the people must first stand together before any change can happen. And request due diligence.
Justice delayed is justice denied .
A desperate cry for help from ,
The Member of the Society of Royal Palms, MHADA Residence and all thoses who commute throught these waters of Waste.
ENVFOR – Shri Kanwarjit Singh (additional principle Cheif ,ministry of environment(WCZ) Email - firstname.lastname@example.org No. 07122531318.
MEFCC – Shri Jigmet Takpa Join Sec Minister of Environmental, forest and climate change. Email- email@example.com. No. 91-11-24695277.
Disaster Management department ( Municipal Corporation Greater Mumbai .
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org Helpline no. 1916 www.dm.mcgm.gov.in
Environment – Suprabha Marathe Email- email@example.com
Dr Khetarpal Dy Ex heath minister Email- firstname.lastname@example.org Contact no. 9920759804.
Municipal Commissioner - email@example.com
Deputy Municipal Commissioner (S.W.M) solid waste management Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief Engineer (MSDP) Mumbai sewage disposal project. Email- email@example.com
Central pollution control board
Sh. S.P Singh Parihar Email – firstname.lastname@example.org No. 91-11-22307233
"Ad captandum vulgus. "
Complete your signature
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!