Fight the 13.5 MILLION cuts in the Northern Trust
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
Proposed cuts to the Northern Trust:
- Acute medical beds would reduce to safe staffing levels - an estimation of 16 to 20 beds may close in both Antrim and Causeway Hospitals
- Reduce non-urgent elective day surgery and in-patient surgery
- Reduce use of 'flexible' staffing - this includes end reliance on non-contract agency, reduce contracted agency and locums
- Reduce the number of community based rehabilitation beds
- Temporarily close Rehabilitation Services at Whiteabbey Hospital
- Containment of growth in community care home placement and domiciliary care packages
- Complete the exit plan for domiciliary meals provision (meals provided to people in their own homes)
- Reduce use of private non-emergency ambulance transport
- Increase car park charges at the two acute hospital sites
Today: Unison is counting on you
Unison Northern Health needs your help with “Richard Pengelly: Fight the 13.5 MILLION cuts in the Northern Trust”. Join Unison and 868 supporters today.