Save Our Mareeba Hospital
This petition made change with 467 supporters!
**Please note if you have signed our paper petition you should not sign our online petition, however thank you for your support**
A public meeting was held at the Mareeba International Club, Mareeba on 2nd May 2017 attended by approximately 1000 residents who overwhelmingly supported the 6 resolutions passed at the meeting. The resolutions passed form the basis of our petition.
We, the undersigned, all being Queensland residents, respectfully request that the Queensland Government;
1. Reinstate the Mareeba operating theatres to a minimum of 3 – 4 days per week with emergency theatre capacity to maintain the medical officer pool and scope of practise including obstetrics.
2. Reinstate the services at Mareeba Hospital to pre-2014.
3. Immediately bring into operation the Laparoscopic Unit that has been idle for 3 years at the Mareeba Hospital.
4. Acknowledge the population growth of Mareeba and that Mareeba is the largest urban centre on the Tablelands as per Cummings Economics report “Regional Health and Hospital Trends in Tropical North Queensland – with particular reference to the Mareeba Hospital’ (Ref: J3040 Feb 2017) by systematically providing more services at the Mareeba Hospital to meet the growing needs of our community, including chemotherapy treatment and dialysis services.
5. Direct the State Health Minister to identify and relocate elsewhere those persons who have been responsible for the reduction in services at the Mareeba Hospital.
6. Negotiate with the Federal Government to fund bulk billing services in Mareeba to compensate for the loss of $2.2 million in COAG funding as at 30 September 2017.
Today: Save Our Mareeba Hospital is counting on you
Save Our Mareeba Hospital needs your help with “Queensland Parliament: Save Our Mareeba Hospital”. Join Save Our Mareeba Hospital and 466 supporters today.