A Call for Rod Hochman's Resignation
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
Top Reasons Why Dr. Rod Hochman Should Resign Immediately as CEO of Providence St. Joseph Health:
1. He prioritized profit over patient safety, and violated his Hippocratic Oath and ethical duty as a steward of a faith-based, mission-driven healthcare organization: https://projects.seattletimes.com/2017/quantity-of-care/hospital/
2. He is under investigation by the U.S. Attorney's Office for actions that occurred under his leadership as CEO of Swedish Hospital, and later CEO of Providence Health & Services: http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/health/us-attorneys-office-launches-investigation-of-swedish-neurosurgery-unit/
3. He has put Swedish, Providence Health & Services and St. Joseph Health System at grave financial risk for patient lawsuits that will likely follow a series of high profile resignations: http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/times-watchdog/swedish-ceo-resigns-in-wake-of-seattle-times-investigation/ ; http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/top-neurosurgeon-johnny-delashaw-resigns-from-swedish/
4. He is in the process of stealing a $6 billion world class non-profit Catholic health system – St. Joseph Health – for $0 and is systematically removing all of their executives and employees.
5. He has directed the implementation of a $600 million EPIC EHR implementation at all St. Joseph Health hospitals less than two years after they completed a Meditech EHR implementation. At the same time, Providence Health & Services is facing a ~$500 million shortfall in 2017.
6. He has asked the Board of Directors compensation committee to research compensation packages for CEOs at commercial, for-profit health systems, so that he can receive a multi-million dollar pay increase, at the same time he is instituting plans to layoff thousands of employees from Providence and St. Joseph Health.
7. He continues to remove any dissenting voices, through firings or hush-hush buy-outs, while letting other executives take the falls for his failures as a chief executive.
Dr. Hochman does not share the same values as a Catholic, faith-based health system. In any other organization or public company, shareholders or an experienced Board of Directors would have held Dr. Hochman accountable and removed him from his leadership position to protect patient lives and employee livelihoods.
If you believe Rod Hochman should resign or be removed as CEO of Providence St. Joseph Health, please sign this petition today.
Today: Concerned is counting on you
Concerned Constituent needs your help with “Providence St. Joseph Health Board of Directors: A Call for Rod Hochman's Resignation”. Join Concerned and 119 supporters today.