STAR TREK: The Motion Picture 40th Anniversary 8K Restoration
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
Star Trek fans deserve a complete frame by frame 8K restoration of all three versions of Star Trek: The Motion Picture, released in time for the film's 40th Anniversary!
The restoration work on the original series, The Next Generation, and The Wrath of Khan have left Trekkers hungry for more, and fans loyal to the original series throughout five decades need to have a definitive version of these characters' first trek onto the big screen.
What we'd love to see:
An 8K frame-by-frame restoration, ready for future formats, but distributed on 4K/UHD/ Blu-ray/DVD for for 2019 Holiday season featuring:
- The 1979 Theatrical Release. Flaws and all, this was the first time the Enterprise was seen in cinemas. This version also has the fastest pacing.
- The 1983 "Special Longer Version." Originally cut for television presentation, this edit represents for many of us the version we grew up with. Either through TV or with a prized VHS release, this one contains sound effects and scenes that no other version has.
- The 2001 "Director's Edition." This might be the hardest one to pull off considering the new exterior shots were CGI, but rendered for DVD. Still, we have faith that the incredible restoration team who worked on the previous release of the Director's Edition could create new animation that both wows us in HD, and stays true to legendary director Robert Wise's vision!
- A new featurette covering the restoration of this project and the differences between each version of The Motion Picture.
- Any previously released home video extras, archived material, and featurettes, no matter how far back they go.
- Any new unreleased material, including alternate takes, McDonald's promo commercials, any toy commercials, comic book, posters, novelization cover art, scans of the ViewMaster slides and Fotonovel, etc.
CBS Paramount: there's about two and a half years to make this so. Trekkers are willing to SPEND MONEY on this release, but only if you can make it the best you can.
Today: Tim is counting on you
Tim Eggert needs your help with “Paramount Pictures : STAR TREK: The Motion Picture 40th Anniversary 4K Restoration”. Join Tim and 1,841 supporters today.