Attention Ridgefield Seniors and Disabled! Urgent Medicare Savings Program Alert!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
Connecticut’s Senior’s need your help AGAIN!
Income limits for the MEDICARE SAVINGS PROGRAM (MSP) are once again in jeopardy of being cut in half by the Connecticut State Legislature and Governor Malloy. This will dramatically impact many of Connecticut’s seniors and their ability to receive medical care, stay in their homes and obtain prescription medications.
What Can You Do?
Call Governor Malloy, your State Representatives & State Senators today! Let them know how the cuts to the Medicare Savings Program will impact you and/or your family member/s.
YOUR CALLS AND E-MAILS DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
WE STOPPED THIS LAST FALL –WE CAN STOP IT AGAIN!
Who to CALL:
State Leaders Governor Dannel Malloy - 860.566.4840
Rep. Joe Aresimowicz (D) – Speaker of the House ~ 860.240.8500
Rep. Mathew Ritter (D) – House Majority Leader ~ 860.240.8585
Rep. Themis Klarides (R) - House Minority Leader ~ 860.240.8700
Rep. Vincent Candelora (R) – House Deputy Leader ~ 860.240.8700
Finance Committee Sen. John Fonfara Co-Chair 800.842.1420
State Rep Jason Rojas Co-chair 860.240.8585
Sen. L. Schott Frantz Co-chair 800.842.1421
State Rep Christopher Davis Ranking Member 860.240.8700
Sen. Carlo Leone Vice-Chair 800.842.1420
State Rep Josh Elliott – Vice Chair - 800.842.8267
State Rep Brandon L. McGee JR – Vice Chair – 800.842.8267
Ridgefield Legislators Sen. Tony Boucher (R) – Minority Whip ~ 860.240.0591
Rep. John Frey (R) – Senior Whip ~ 860.240.8700
Rep. Michael Ferguson (R) ~ 860.240.8700
Key Talking Points:
• Provide your name and the town you live in.
• Tell Legislators you are calling to stop “cuts to the Medicare Savings Program”.
• Tell Legislators how these cuts will impact your life. For Example:
• Without the help from the MSP I will not be able to afford gap coverage. This will impact my ability to go to doctor’s appointments, hospital visits, etc. Who will pay the bill if I need surgery or emergency care?
• I will not be able to afford my Part B premium ($134/month).
• I will be forced to choose between necessary expenses such as rent, heat, electricity, medication, food, etc.
• Urge legislators to continue funding the Medicare Savings Program.
To Email your State Representatives go to: https://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/menu/hlist.asp
To Email State Senators go to: https://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/menu/slist.asp
Board Member for the Ridgefield Commission on Aging
Today: Debra is counting on you
Debra Franceschini needs your help with “Over 200 Ridgefield neighbors desperately need your help again please!!! URGENT ACTION REQUIRED!”. Join Debra and 280 supporters today.