LIBRARY OF THE CANYONS IS NOT A VIABLE SOLUTION TO THE COUNTY'S HOMELESS CRISIS
This petition made change with 2,898 supporters!
Library of the Canyons is not a viable solution to the County's homeless population for a number of reasons, some of which are below:
- Remote location with no public transportation;
- No available services;
- High-risk fire area;
- Prohibitive evacuation route;
- Inadequate waste disposal being on septic system;
- Recently renovated public library costing tax-payers 3.6 million dollars;
- On-site Children's Library;
- Preschool adjacent to location servicing over 40 children.
Our recommendation is to study the homeless population recently removed from the Santa Ana river bed to assess percentages of services/beds required and have each of the 34 cities and unincorporated areas provide their fair share of the number of necessary beds based on a percentage of per capita residents in their jurisdictions.
Today: Fair and Equitable Solutions for the Homeless is counting on you
Fair and Equitable Solutions for the Homeless needs your help with “Orange County Board of Supervisors: LIBRARY OF THE CANYONS IS NOT A VIABLE SOLUTION TO THE COUNTY'S HOMELESS CRISIS”. Join Fair and Equitable Solutions for the Homeless and 2,897 supporters today.