Free Brotherhood For Democracy (Hoi Anh Em Dan Chu)
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
Respectfully submitted to:
- Office of United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
- United Nations Human Rights Council
- Inter-Parliamentary Union in Geneva
- Human Rights Watch
- Amnesty International
- Congress of the United States of America
- Congress of the European Union
- Members of the World Trade Organization
- Committee on Human Rights Of The National Academies
- Freedom Now
We are writing to protest the Vietnamese Communist Party and the Communist Government of Vietnam for their arbitrary arrests of innocent citizens and their violations of the United Nations Convention Against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment (UNCAT), which Vietnam signed on November 7, 2013.
In the first two weeks of April 2018, the Vietnamese Communist Government delivered very heavy sentences for 10 members of the Brotherhood For Democracy as known as “Hội Anh Em Dân Chủ”.
One of these people is Mr. Dai Van Nguyen, a lawyer, who is sentenced to 15 years in jail and five years probation.
Pastor Ton Trung Nguyen is sentenced to 12 years in jail and 3 years of probation
Le Thu Ha is sentenced to 8 years in jail and 2 years of probation
Nguyễn Bắc Truyển is sentenced to 11 years and 3 years of probation.
Writer Trương Minh Đức is sentenced to 12 years in jail and 3 years of probation.
Nguyễn Văn Túc is sentenced to 13 years in jail and 5 years of probation.
Nguyễn Viết Dũng also known as Dũng Phi Hổ is sentenced to 7 years in jail and 5 years of probation.
Vũ Văn Hùng is sentenced to 1 year in jail.
These are our responses to those court sentences:
1) The organization "Hoi Anh Em Dan Chu" has political activities that line up with the rights of the people as outlined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights on civil and political rights. The Vietnamese Communist Party has signed a memorandum understanding the commitment to the UN resolution.
2) There were very harsh charges for ten members of "Hoi Anh Em Dan Chu" by the Communist Party of Vietnam court. The Vietnamese Communist party hides behind the National Constitution which they themselves have created. This constitution takes away basic political rights of the Vietnamese People and is frowned upon by the international community and legal experts.
The brutal arrest of peaceful activists who stood for democracy and freedom in Vietnam is strongly condemned. We ask that the Hanoi authorities immediately and unconditionally release members of “Hoi Anh Em Dan Chu”, as well as other activists who are illegally imprisoned by the Vietnamese Communist Party.
Today: Nhan is counting on you
Nhan Vo needs your help with “Office of United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights - United Nations Human Rights Council - : Free Brotherhood For Democracy (Hoi Anh Em Dan Chu)”. Join Nhan and 1,760 supporters today.