Stop the Privatisation of Patient Transport in North Yorkshire
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
- The Patient Transport Service covering the Vale of York, Scarborough and Rydale is under imminent threat of privatisation. For the sake of all who either today, or in the future may need help accessing NHS treatment, this must not be allowed to happen.
- The Patient Transport Service is vital to the people of York, Scarborough and Rydale, delivering the most vulnerable people in our communities to and from essential and often life saving treatment, throughout North Yorkshire and beyond.
- The Patient Transport Service is a crucial part of the NHS, providing transport for those whose medical condition would otherwise prevent them travelling for treatment.
- The Patient Transport Service offers a safe, effective and compassionate means of delivering patients to and from NHS services. It is free at the point of use, regardless of the distance or frequency with which a patient may have to travel, thus allowing fair access for all.
- Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust currently runs the Patient Transport Service across the Vale of York, Scarborough and Rydale. They are the only NHS trust that covers the whole of Yorkshire, are Yorkshire's main provider of non-emergency medical transport and one of the largest ambulance services in the United Kingdom. They cover an area of over 4,595 square miles, serve a population of approximately five million people, perform around a million patient transport journeys every year, and have faithfully provided this service to the people of Yorkshire for over 30 years.
- It is essential that Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust retain their contract with NHS Vale of York CCG and NHS Scarborough and Rydale CCG and continue to provide The Patient Transport Service across the Vale of York, Scarborough and Rydale area.
- The people of North Yorkshire have all had a steak in this service for the last three decades, regardless of their background or political affiliation. This means that Yorkshire Ambulance Patient Transport Service have the best infrastructure, specialist equipment and vehicles. They have dedicated and well trained staff who are genuinely passionate about the NHS and offer the best patient care. They answer to stakeholders, not shareholders, so any revenue generated is reinvested in order to fund continued improvements to the service.
- They will always put patients before profits.
Today: Paul is counting on you
Paul Temple needs your help with “NHS Vale of York and NHS Scarborough and Rydale Clinical Commissioning Groups: Stop the Privatisation of Patient Transport in North Yorkshire”. Join Paul and 809 supporters today.