Save Barney's Field
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
We are opposed to development of Clough Hall Playing Fields/Barney's Field for 424 homes for the following reasons:
- The site contains a large number of rugby pitches and the fields are well used for a variety of sport and recreational activities.
- The development of the site will increase the problem of flooding on Beech Drive and Springfield Drive.
- Clough Hall playing fields have a strong heritage value in the area and once formed part of the Clough Hall Estate.
- Considerable changes to the local Highway would need to be made and this would see a huge increase in traffic through Butt Lane and Clough Hall.
- Butt Lane and Clough Hall ward is the most heavily developed ward in recent times in Newcastle-under-Lyme (Highlighted in the Local Government Boundary Commission for England review of warding arrangements of Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council).
We call on Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council to remove Clough Hall Playing Fields/Barney's Field from the Joint Local Plan.
Today: Kyle is counting on you
Kyle Robinson needs your help with “Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council: Save Barney's Field”. Join Kyle and 1,769 supporters today.