Chennai Shoreline & Marine Life Oil Pollution
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
The oil pollution, caused by a collision between by a VLGC (Very Large Gas Carrier) & a Product Tanker, is sure to affect the Marine Life & Chennai's famed shoreline. If National Green Tribunal (NGT) does not deal firmly with this, I am sure that the Shipping Company would get off easily by pleasing the other officials. By the way, reports suggest that one of the ship has already been let off!!! What has been learned from the clean up is that we are not ready for such an event. Two submersible pumps used by the Coast Guard to remove the oil sludge broke down. With no other equipment at hand, the workers used buckets to scoop out the oil on the shore. How appalling is that!!!
I hope that the NGT consider the below:
1. Ensure a proper Clean Up;
2. Prepare Contingency Plans for such calamities;
3. Provide better resources & training to our Pollution Control teams;
4.Provide resources to rehabilitate the Marine Life;
5. Pay compensation for the Fishermen who have lost livelihood;
6. Set up a fund to maintain our shoreline free of plastics;
7. Ensure that the above does not have any Political interference
Please sign this petition to ensure that Marine Life and Our Shoreline are maintained for future generations...not only in Chennai but for the whole of the beautiful Indian coastline
Today: Selvakumar is counting on you
Selvakumar Royan needs your help with “National Green Tribunal: Chennai Shoreline & Marine Life Oil Pollution”. Join Selvakumar and 657 supporters today.