Call For Dr. Edison O. Jackson's Resignation from Bethune-Cookman University IMMEDIATELY
This petition had 1,748 supporters
We are calling for the immediate resignation of Dr. Edison O Jackson as President of Bethune-Cookman University for the following reasons but not limited to:
- Dr. Jackson has chosen his political views and affiliation over that of the university's non-partisan designation.
- Dr. Jackson has caused unwarranted hostility among students and alumni through his inconsiderate actions and untimely push towards government satire.
- Dr. Jackson has mismanaged funds from the endowment; removing an undisclosed amount to scapegoat the lack of fiduciary prudence.
- Dr. Jackson has not adhered to financial responsibilities nor to standing order when procuring bids (dormitories, appointed positions, et al.)
- Dr. Jackson has failed to increase the endowment to ensure sustainable growth moving forward.
- Dr. Jackson lacks sound transparency and practices unethical processes which have led to declining credit ratings.
Sign this petition if you agree that Dr. Jackson should resign from his role as President of Bethune-Cookman University.
Under the leadership of Dr. Edison Jackson, the University's morale and trust has diminished – as exemplified by his decision to invite US Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos to speak at commencement, particularly without first consulting the student body. Actions such as this leave students and alumni concerned during the most challenging Presidential administration.
In the four years since Dr. Jackson has been President, Bethune-Cookman University has seen increased levels of employee turnover. His inability to fulfill key positions has caused the University to suffer in critical areas of much needed support.
Dr. Edison O Jackson is no longer suited to lead Bethune-Cookman University as proven by his lack of loyalty to the well-being of his students. We hereby ask that Dr. Edison O Jackson be removed immediately from his position as President of the great Bethune-Cookman University.
Today: Terrance is counting on you
Terrance CribbsLorrant needs your help with “Ms Anne S Travis: Call For Dr. Edison O. Jackson's Resignation from Bethune-Cookman University IMMEDIATELY”. Join Terrance and 1,747 supporters today.