Slay Zombie Structures that are Haunting Mount Vernon
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
PETITION TO STOP THE ATTACKS ON MOUNT VERNON!
Zombie Structures Must Go!
Zombie structures are public menaces and havens to crime and grime. They bring down property values and the health and safety of our neighborhoods. When Mayor Richard Thomas took office in January of 2016, he pledged to take down zombie structures one-by-one. The Thomas administration will continue to slay these vampires but the City Council and Comptroller Maureen Walker must get on-board, pay the bills, and stop the obstruction of progress.
· Attacking the removal of zombie structures is an attack of the quality of life!
· Forcing our seniors to live next to zombie structures is an attack on our elders!
· Forcing our kids to go to school across from a zombie structure is an attack on our young people!
· Refusing to pay hard-working contractors who clean up the city is an attack on the people of the Mount Vernon!
· Twenty-four years of raising taxes but failing to raise property values by keeping these zombie structures around is an attack on homeowners!
· Keeping these zombie structures from the tax rolls instead of returning them and making them productive is an attack on our economy!
· Refusing to pay contractors because you wanted one of your friends to get the job is an attack on Mount Vernon’s reputation and ability to do business!
Mount Vernon has the money, Mount Vernon has the resources, Mount Vernon has the energy and the commitment. No more excuses!
Attorney General Eric Schneiderman has given the City of Mount Vernon approximately $175,000 to hire a staff to develop a comprehensive plan to take these structures down and the Thomas Administration thanks him.
IT IS TIME TO PUT THE PLAN INTO ACTION!
SIGN this petition and tell Comptroller Walker and the City Council to stop using their public office as a platform to wage personal vendettas against the people of Mount Vernon.
SIGN this petition to tell Comptroller Walker and the City Council that you are fed up with the zombie structures that haunt our blocks, scare our kids, and shelter crime and grime!
SIGN this petition to tell Comptroller Walker and the City Council to TEAR DOWN THESE ZOMBIES!
Enough is enough.
Today: Mayor's is counting on you
Mayor's Office needs your help with “Mount Vernon City Council: Slay Zombie Structures that are Haunting Mount Vernon”. Join Mayor's and 288 supporters today.