Install Traffic Light on Pacific Ave. @ Sunset Ave. - Venice, CA 90291
This petition made change with 31 supporters!
For 10 years I have lived at 510 pacific Ave. Venice, CA 90291, which is the intersection of Pacific Ave. @ Sunset Ave.
We need a caution or stop light at this intersection.
Click for map - https://goo.gl/maps/udebNCvEsEJ2
It is the longest stretch of Pacific Ave. without a traffic light.
Several wrecks take place here every year, many of which involve pedestrians.
The police use this location for speed traps and to ticket drivers that do not stop for pedestrians every month.
Foot traffic at this intersection is extremely high.
- City of Los Angeles bus depot on south east corner
- 2 blocks from the beach to the west
- 1 block from Google's office to the east
- 2 blocks from Gold's Gym to the east
- 1 block from city of Los Angeles Metro stop
- 50 meters to the south on Pacific Ave. is a Santa Monica Big Blue Bus stop
- 3 hotels to the immediate west of the intersection on the beach
I believe that tourists, employees of businesses nearby, and those that live in the area will benefit from the installation of traffic lights/blinking crosswalk, etc. at this intersection. Something...anything! to urge drivers to slow down on Pacific Ave.
Please sign the petition if you believe a traffic light is a good idea. We deserve a safer and more mellow Venice Beach.
Today: Aaron is counting on you
Aaron Davis needs your help with “Mike Bonin: Install Traffic Light on Pacific Ave. @ Sunset Ave. - Venice, CA 90291”. Join Aaron and 30 supporters today.