Support 2 Artificial Turf Fields at Inter River
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
Dear Club Members, Supporters of the North Shore Soccer Community and All Sports Users on the North Shore,
We need your support this week!
A decision on 2 artificial turf fields by the District of North Vancouver is coming up shortly. We are asking Club members, and individuals who support soccer in our community, to voice your support for this initiative.
Why? Simply put, it’s the best long term option for the Club, for soccer, sport and the North Shore.
1. Inter River provides a long term outdoor recreational space that families, the Public and Council can be proud of.
• Creates an opportunity to build community in the District of North Vancouver (no other outdoor centre currently exists).
• Provides a location where young athletes can mix and be inspired by older athletes.
• Supports a healthy and active lifestyle for families and all community members in North Vancouver.
• Establishes an outdoor sports facility and community centre for many generations to come.
2. Inter River entrenches soccer as a competitive sport on the North Shore.
• Creates a “home” for the largest boys soccer club in the Lower Mainland (NVFC). Currently, we’re spread out over multiple fields (Burdett, Griffin, Kirkstone, Confederation, Brooksbank, etc.).
• Allows NVFC to offer Academy programs at the same time for families with multiple siblings.
• Keeps North Vancouver on track with other municipalities as most municipalities have 2 artificial turf fields next to each other (West Vancouver, Vancouver, Surrey, Coquitlam, Langley, Richmond and Burnaby). This will create additional artificial turf playing time for all sports user groups on the North Shore.
3. Inter River has the ability to reduce the amount of traffic on the North Shore.
• Lowers the amount of local commuting traffic between the District and the City of North Vancouver.
• Provides a central location for parents so that there is only one drop off point.
• Encourages biking on the North Shore through Bridgman Park.
Thank you for your support,
Your NVFC Board of Directors
Today: North Vancouver FC is counting on you
North Vancouver FC needs your help with “Mayor of the District of North Vancouver: Support 2 Artificial Turf Fields at InterRiver”. Join North Vancouver FC and 2,069 supporters today.