Save the Kentucky Green River CREP Program
This petition made change with 1,955 supporters!
- This petition is to request a RENEWAL of the Kentucky Green River CREP Program which has been in place almost 20 years.
- The Kentucky Green River CREP Program is a VOLUNTARY Conservation Program offered to land owners by the USDA.
- The KY Green River CREP Program creates a riparian border along the Green River by planting native grasses, milkweed, and hardwood trees to reduce agricultural run off entering the Green River. Thus improving the water quality in the Green River.
- The conservation benefits and improved water quality have generated a 700% increase in the bobwhite quail population, as well as, gray fox, river otters, bald eagles, and mussels thought to be extinct, returning to the area.
- The improved water quality in the Green River is especially important in protecting Mammoth Cave which is a World Heritage Site as the Green River flows into Mammoth Cave.
- Failure to continue this Program will mean loosing the environmental improvement that has already occurred!
- Failure to continue this Program will mean loosing valuable farm land to surburbanization. Farm land lost this way is lost forever!!
Today: Liza is counting on you
Liza McLaughlin needs your help with “Matt Bevin : Save the Kentucky Green River CREP Program”. Join Liza and 1,954 supporters today.