MALIBU RESIDENTS: Take Back Our City
0 have signed. Let’s get to 5,000!
THE WOOLSEY FIRE DESTROYED OVER 600 MALIBU STRUCTURES.
$1.6 BILLION LOST IN PROPERTY DAMAGE.
LIVES WERE LOST.
WE THE RESIDENTS OF MALIBU DEMAND: The Immediate Resignations, or Firing, of City Manager Reva Feldman and Emergency Service Manager Susan Duenas.
• Reva Feldman failed to follow the Emergency Operations Plan, an essential part of City protocol. The primary responsibility of a city manager is to ensure the safety of a city.
• Feldman failed to provide representatives from the City of Malibu's Emergency Command Post during evacuations. Failed to provide timely, critical communication to residents and to adequately support residents that were left behind.
• Feldman failed to work with LASD and CHP to activate LASD Volunteers on Patrol to assist traffic control to provide fleeing residents a safe and timely evacuation. Instead, panicked residents were left gridlocked on PCH for 4-6 hours risking mass casualties had the fire reached PCH at that time.
• California cities that evoke mandatory evacuations ensure that their City Hall staffs are working throughout the disaster and aftermath. Feldman closed Malibu City Hall for weeks abandoning residents seeking assistance, including little to no response by phone.
• Feldman’s Media Information Officer and Public Safety Manager were MIA during the fire. Not one statement was made by the City Manager, Public Safety Manager Susan Duenas or Media information Officer updating residents during the evacuations.
• Feldman stopped the delivery of vital resources to residents who stayed behind including food from local restaurants, free gas deliveries from a global oil company, medicine and medical services and more. Doctors were not allowed to enter.
• Public Safety Manager Susan Duenas did not adequately activate and support CERT disaster team members and stated her “hands were tied”. Duenas takes direct orders from Feldman.
More critical emergency response issues that should have been coordinated between the City and authorities were not executed in spite of a plan put in place by former Emergency Services Director Brad Davis, who was forced out of his job at Malibu's City Hall by Feldman in 2016.
All of these failures are severe derelictions of duty by City Manager Reva Feldman, and Emergency Services Director Susan Duenas. These negligent actions are legal and reasonable causes for immediate job termination.
Signed The Residents of Malibu:
** Thank you to those who've donated on Change.org. This petition does not need anymore donations. The money goes to Change.org to promote the petition and enough caring residents have already donated for that. THANK YOU!
Today: Take Back is counting on you
Take Back Malibu needs your help with “MALIBU RESIDENTS: Take Back Our City”. Join Take Back and 3,499 supporters today.