Petition updateWe want dead whale remains safely removed from San Clemente beaches.
Update on whale remains buried on our beaches

Stephanie MossSan Clemente, CA, United States
May 18, 2016
I attended the City Council meeting two weeks ago. I was able to speak to the City Council members and voice my concerns. James Makshanoff the City Manager replied to my concern and said that "over 200 pounds of whale intestines had been buried on the beach." He also said that the City is "looking into alternative ways to dispose of the matter." Apparently CR&R will not allow the City use the dump.
He also said that it is the policy from San Diego to Santa Barbara beaches to "bury in place & that is what has always been done."
I hope moving forward the City will find alternative ways to dispose of washed up mammals. The bury in place method is not safe or sanitary.
Copy link
WhatsApp
Facebook
Nextdoor
Email
X