Make Layne Staley Day happen
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
For the past few months I've been working on a proposal which was forwarded to the Seattle City Council. My mission is for the council to officially declare 'Layne Staley Day' on August 22, the birthday of the late great singer, Layne Staley.
Layne Staley was the lead singer of grunge band, Alice in Chains. Their success peaked in the early 90's, and are one of Seattles greatest bands. Unfortunately on April 5th, 2002 Layne lost his life to an accidental overdose. He has struggled with drug addiction most of his life.
Nancy McCallum is the mother of Layne Staley, and runs Layne Staley Memorial Fund @ THS (Therapeutic Health Services/Seattle). The mission is to help individuals with addiction recovery by providing help, support and education. On the week of Layne's birthday, there is an annual tribute held to celebrate Layne's life. To raise money and awareness of the program.
The Seattle City Council have been excellent and helpful towards our mission. They have expressed gratitude and respect for Layne and Nancy.
The proposal status is in proclamation, and a draft will be made in the next few months.
I am reaching out for you to help me cement and solidify 'Layne Staley Day'. Signing this petition would show the council Layne and Nancy have a lot of supporters who believe this should happen.
I am hoping the following would happen on Layne Staley Day:
- Broader Annual Layne Staley Tribute(s)
- Reaching out to those who require access to recovery
- Discover the organisation's availability
- Awareness of drug addiction and mental health
- Availability of support and education throughout Seattle
- For musicians to visit Seattle and support the cause
- Wide media coverage
- Celebrate Layne's birthday and his legacy throughout the state
- Recognition for the City of Seattle and it's local musicians, communities and businesses
- Group activities during the day to do Layne's favourite things, such as music, art, writing, etc.
The possibilities are endless and together we can make this happen. Do support this cause to help people on Layne's birthday! Share this petition with your family, friends, social media(s) and forums.
If you can donate to THS at https://ths-wa.org/donate-to-ths-2/ and be sure to select 'Layne Staley Memorial Fund'
Thank you in advance.
Addicts in Recovery are the Light of the World”. -Nancy Layne McCallum
“My bad habits aren't my title. My strengths and my talent are my title”. -Layne Staley
Today: Dee is counting on you
Dee B needs your help with “Make Layne Staley Day happen”. Join Dee and 2,491 supporters today.