I object to the proposed development at 6-12 Kennington Lane
This petition had 113 supporters
Note: the artist's impression of the tower block taken from the developer's website does not show the height of the tower block!
6-12 Kennington Lane is a proposed development, including a 38-storey tower block on the site of Jewson building supply merchant and the former Christ the Redeemer College in Kennington.
The scale of the development is inappropriate for a number of reasons:
1. A high rise tower block is not in keeping with the residential nature of the buildings in the immediate area.
2. Increased traffic and air pollution.
3. Down draft (wind) effect on surrounding low rises
4. Loss of light due to the enormous shadow the tower will cast over local residential properties and Lambeth's child development centre and garden. This is different from the Elephant & Castle tower blocks which are not in the middle of residential areas.
5. The knock-on effect for infrastructure and other social amenities which are already under strain (GPs, school places).
Today: Knights is counting on you
Knights Walk needs your help with “Lambeth Council: I object to the proposed development at 6-12 Kennington Lane”. Join Knights and 112 supporters today.