Residents Asking the Kirkland City Council to Pass A Gun Safety Resolution
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
Students, parents and other residents in the city of Kirkland WA have been asking their elected officials about local gun safety. As a result, Indivisible Kirkland, KirklandSafe and other community organizations are making a request to the Kirkland City Council to pass a resolution that commits the city’s time and resources to supporting and advocating for gun safety.
This resolution will allow city staff to implement a variety of initiatives in partnership with the community. Examples of actions the city could take following such a resolution include:
- Organizing community events and dialogues on gun safety.
- Promoting educational programs on gun rights and responsibilities, suicide prevention, safe storage of firearms, domestic violence protections, active shooter response trainings, etc.
- Advocating for funding for local school district safety measures.
- Passing an ordinance on reporting lost or stolen firearms.
- Adding priorities to the city’s state legislative agenda to include gun safety initiatives.
Please sign this petition to tell the Kirkland City Council that you support them passing a gun safety resolution.
Today: KirklandSafe/Indivisible is counting on you
KirklandSafe/Indivisible needs your help with “Kirkland WA City Council: Pass a Gun Safety Resolution in Kirkland WA”. Join KirklandSafe/Indivisible and 809 supporters today.