Stop the cartoonist Bosch Fawstin who draws Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him)
0 have signed. Let’s get to 25,000!
Bosch Fawstin, an American cartoonist and the winner of a controversial contest advertised as the "First Annual Muhammad Art Exhibit and Contest" is posting derogatory cartoons of the Holy Prophet (PBUH) on Instagram. Please check the following link for more information.
Prophet Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon him) is the final Prophet of Islam. He is the most beloved Prophet of Allah (SWT) amongst all His creations and hence the most beloved to all Muslims.
For a Muslim, the sanctity, respect and honour of Prophet Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon him) is above all else.
The drawing of any cartoon or image of the Blessed Prophet Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon him) is in fact slander and open defamation, blasphemy. Associating false provocative images is not "freedom of speech" nor "freedom of expression".
Bosch Fawstin's actions of disrespecting Prophet Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon him), degrading Islam and hurting Muslims worldwide is bigotry.
This is openly provoking and offending muslims worldwide which will not be tolerated.
WE DEMAND AN END TO THE DEMONISING OF ISLAM, ALLAH ALMIGHTY (THE MOST COMPASSIONATE), PROPHET MUHAMMAD (PEACE AND BLESSINGS BE UPON HIM), THE FINAL AND MOST BELOVED MESSENGER , BY BOSCH FAWSTIN. WE DEMAND REMOVAL OF HIS INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT.
HATRED BREEDS INTOLERANCE.
Here are the points from Content guidelines that Instagram provides.
1) Instagram is not a place to support or praise terrorism, organized crime, or hate groups.
2) We remove content that contains credible threats or hate speech.
3) It's never OK to encourage violence or attack anyone based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, disabilities, or diseases.
After reporting a large amount of content by the user bosch.fawstin and getting unsatisfactory replies from their team, I've finally decided to address this matter through a petition. This user is not only abusing the Muslim holy figure i.e Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) by making derogatory drawings but also leaving hateful comments about the beloved Prophet of the Muslim community. He uses the motto of 'free speech' but there's a HUGE difference between free speech and abusing one of the largest religious communities worldwide. It's a shame to say that Instagram team is doing nothing to remove this person's account who is:
1) Spreading hate against Muslims and bringing together such hate groups to organize disrespectful drawing contests of the Holy Prophet (PBUH) of Muslims hence violating the first point mentioned above.
2) Giving hate speeches against Muslims and calling them terrorists hence violating the second point mentioned above.
3) Attacking Muslims on the basis of their religious affiliation and disrespecting their holy figure hence violating the aforementioned third point taken from the Content Guidelines provided by Instagram.
Going through the points of Instagram's Content Guidelines, you'll see that this person does not deserve to be among the peaceful community of Instagram. I haven't been able to sleep because of such abusive content and it's not just me, a lot of Muslims are furious because of this user's conduct.
By signing this petition, we demand Kevin Systrom (CEO of Instagram), Instagram HeadQuarter Team and Instagram Content Specialists to remove Bosch Fawstin's account or the Muslim community will be forced to think that this is some propaganda done by Instagam itself for supporting such a user. This needs serious consideration or we, as Muslims, are going to boycott this site. This will not stop until the account gets removed.
Today: Fatima is counting on you
Fatima Latif needs your help with “Kevin Systrom: Stop the cartoonist Bosch Fawstin who draws Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him)”. Join Fatima and 22,204 supporters today.