Ban Live Egg Hatching Projects in Schools
This petition had 5,407 supporters
We hereby call upon Rt Hon Justine Greening MP - The Secretary of State for Education - to bring an immediate end to "The Living Eggs Project"* (and any other similar private enterprises) in state education establishments. This is for the following reasons:
- The project represents the exploitation of animals for profit, with no concern for their welfare interests.
- Many of the chicks and ducklings born as a result of these projects suffer serious adverse welfare consequences, including abandonment and death.
- It gives school children a false view of the value of animal lives, and which fails to address the importance of providing for their welfare interests long-term and not just for the brief period of a school project.
- Animal sanctuaries cannot cope with the amount of birds which are abandoned as a result of these projects, it puts an unnecessary strain on their resources.
* "The Living Eggs Project" is a for-profit private enterprise which sells 'incubation kits' (with fertilised eggs) to state schools for chicks to be born in the classroom environment for a brief project on life cycles. Similar private enterprises also use duck eggs.
Today: Ruby is counting on you
Ruby Carter needs your help with “Justine Greening MP: Ban Live Egg Hatching Projects in Schools”. Join Ruby and 5,406 supporters today.