Jill Matus: Request that UTSU implement online voting
We all know that the UofT Student Union is broken. With voter turnout consistently under 10%, the overwhelming majority of students feel locked out of their Union. We want our Union to fix problems, not elections. We need Online Voting Now.
Here are some reasons to support online voting:
1. It's accessible. Online voting is used across campus. In fact, 5 college and student faculty heads have been elected through online voting. In each instance, online voting increased turnout drastically. We think it's good to get more people involved in the process.
2. It's easy. The University of Toronto has an established, secure and tested online voting system. UofT's Student Life department has made this platform available to any recognized organization on campus. Student Life estimates that setting up online voting would take a maximum 45 minutes to complete.
3. It's fair. We've all heard about UTSU's dirty tricks. An online voting platform scares the UofT Student Union, because it takes away their ability to control elections. Online voting would create a fair and equal playing field ending the current 100% incumbent re-election rate.
- President, UTSU
- Director, Office of the Vice-Provost, Students
- Vice-Provost, Students
- VP University Affairs, UTSU
- VP Equity, UTSU
Please request that the UTSU implement online voting for all elected positions.
Today: Online Voting is counting on you
Online Voting Now needs your help with “Jill Matus: Request that UTSU implement online voting”. Join Online Voting and 391 supporters today.