Governor Brown: Dissolve the TCA (Toll Roads)
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
The Toll Roads is a failed joint powers authority that is fiscally irresponsible, involved in public deception and its usefulness is over in the new age of technology.
1) We value our open space and we bought our homes as such. The Toll Road is proposing to go through fully developed cities, parks, and schools and build within 500 feet of Tesoro High, San Juan Hills High, Marblehead Elementary and San Clemente High. California law prevents that. These areas have their own watershed, endangered species, and water restrictions.
2) Cost per mile to build the Toll Road Extension could be at par with the failed bullet train (Pacific Research Group). The new extension could cost upwards for $1 billion dollar
3) We have among the highest tolls in the nation. To compensate with sagging ridership, the Toll Road has risen their Tolls 12 times since inception.This is just another Tax on citizens - (Pacific Research Group)
4) According to Pacific Research Group, The Toll Roads have received over $1.7 Billion dollars of taxpayer money through grants, developer fees. Once the Toll Roads are completed, Caltrans is responsible for maintaining roads at Taxpayer expenses. Fix the current roads. This is double taxation. Measure M money is being used for the Toll Roads. Again, double taxation.
5) In order to achieve mobility, lower pricing should be offered at the other Tolls (241 nd 73) to take more cars off the road.
6) Cities do not meet Air Quality Standards (AQMD) NOW, a TollWay will add more to this problem.
7) The Toll Roads have been involved in litigation regarding their deceptive pricing practices
8) The Toll Roads have added more debt to their structure preventing the roads becoming free for another 20 years.
9) We already paid for these roads through Gas Taxes, Developer fees, and Public Grants. This is clearly a case of double taxation. Caltrans maintains these roads with public dollars.
10) Instead of paying off the debt, the Toll Roads pays exorbitant salaries to their employees, consultants and marketing expenses
11) Because of the TCA, no other reasonable mobility solutions can be considered because the TCA's only tool is to build more toll roads
12) No more backroom deals between developers and local politicians
13) These are vanity roads for the well healed. The representation from minority groups is minimal on these roads.
Today: San Clemente Cares is counting on you
San Clemente Cares needs your help with “Jerry Brown: Governor Brown: Dissolve the TCA (Toll Roads)”. Join San Clemente Cares and 2,476 supporters today.