Call to Action! Please Email or Call Seattle Council Members by Monday 1/29, 1 pm PST
Jan 28, 2018 — Please Email & Call the Seattle's City Council by Monday 1/29 at 1:00 pm!
Seattle's City Council is on the verge of passing a resolution opposing Puget Sound Energy's LNG (fracked gas) refinery in Tacoma, but as expected, council members are getting a lot of pressure from corporate profiteers urging them to kill the resolution. They need to hear from us! It only takes a minute to let them know:
▪ We support Council member Sawant's resolution opposing PSE's LNG refinery in Tacoma.
▪ We want them to vote YES to pass the No LNG resolution ASAP.
▪ We stand with the Puyallup Tribe and must honor their treaty rights.
▪ We have to protect the Salish Sea and support jobs that are safe and green.
Here's how you can help:
1. Email the entire council at Council@Seattle.gov
2. Call and leave a message with each council member's staff. Ask for a "YES" vote on the No LNG resolution! Phone numbers are below.
3. Show Up on Monday, January 29th at Seattle City Hall (600 4th Ave). There will be a rally at 1pm followed by the City Council meeting at 2pm. Prepare two minutes of testimony in favor of the resolution.
Seattle Council Member Phone Number
Lisa Herbold 206-684-8803
Bruce Harrell 206-684-8804
Kshama Sawant 206-684-8016
Rob Johnson 206-684-8808
Debora Juarez 206-684-8805
Mike O'Brien 206-684-8800
Sally Bagshaw 206-684-8801
Teresa Mosqueda 206-684-8806
Lorena Gonzalez 206-684-8802
Keep fighting for people power!
Politicians and rich CEOs shouldn't make all the decisions. Today we ask you to help keep Change.org free and independent. Our job as a public benefit company is to help petitions like this one fight back and get heard. If everyone who saw this chipped in monthly we'd secure Change.org's future today. Help us hold the powerful to account. Can you spare a minute to become a member today?I'll power Change with $5 monthly