Call to Action! Please Email or Call Seattle Council Members by Monday 1/29, 1 pm PST
Jan 28, 2018 — Please Email & Call the Seattle's City Council by Monday 1/29 at 1:00 pm!
Seattle's City Council is on the verge of passing a resolution opposing Puget Sound Energy's LNG (fracked gas) refinery in Tacoma, but as expected, council members are getting a lot of pressure from corporate profiteers urging them to kill the resolution. They need to hear from us! It only takes a minute to let them know:
▪ We support Council member Sawant's resolution opposing PSE's LNG refinery in Tacoma.
▪ We want them to vote YES to pass the No LNG resolution ASAP.
▪ We stand with the Puyallup Tribe and must honor their treaty rights.
▪ We have to protect the Salish Sea and support jobs that are safe and green.
Here's how you can help:
1. Email the entire council at Council@Seattle.gov
2. Call and leave a message with each council member's staff. Ask for a "YES" vote on the No LNG resolution! Phone numbers are below.
3. Show Up on Monday, January 29th at Seattle City Hall (600 4th Ave). There will be a rally at 1pm followed by the City Council meeting at 2pm. Prepare two minutes of testimony in favor of the resolution.
Seattle Council Member Phone Number
Lisa Herbold 206-684-8803
Bruce Harrell 206-684-8804
Kshama Sawant 206-684-8016
Rob Johnson 206-684-8808
Debora Juarez 206-684-8805
Mike O'Brien 206-684-8800
Sally Bagshaw 206-684-8801
Teresa Mosqueda 206-684-8806
Lorena Gonzalez 206-684-8802