Protect Free Speech - Stop Twitter from Blocking Conservatives
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,500!
Twitter has consistently, and unequivocally engaged in excessive censoring of Conservative and Christian voices, opinions and views. This is common knowledge among the Twitter user community, as well as the employees of Twitter; as proven on video by the work of James Okeefe and his Project Veritas undercover team.
Freedom of speech is a principle that supports the freedom of an individual or community to articulate one's opinions and ideas without fear of retaliation, censorship, or sanction.
Of course, free speech includes, not only the inoffensive, but the irritating, the contentious, the eccentric, the heretical, the unwelcome and provocative (providing it doesn’t promote/provoke violence). Allowing individuals to voice diverse and even controversial ideas and opinions, permits people to air their grievances, and works as a type of pressure release valve, actually helping to curb a violent uprising by the population.
There has been an obvious increase in discriminatory practices with shadow-banning, suspensions and restrictions of long-standing, large following accounts. This ongoing malicious disruption to Conservative Twitter voices is a violation of their own Terms of Service; revealing their own bias by warning users in the TOS that they should ‘understand that by using the services, you may be exposed to content that might be offensive, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate, or in some cases postings that have been mislabeled or are otherwise deceptive”. Instead of sticking by this statement, with the knowledge that users might be offended they are selectively banning and restricting conservative users’ posts relating, but not limited to, the following:
· Negative posts regarding the Islamic ideology where no threats have been made, and are only personal opinion. On the contrary, overt threats to Conservative accounts are made by Muslims in response, and those go ignored and unaddressed.
· Negative posts regarding illegal immigration, even when those post contain true and published facts, and express only personal opinion.
· Posts that condemn Satan or satanic rituals, and people engaging in those activities and express only personal opinions.
· Posts that related to the identification, exposure and removal of sexual predators on the internet. Yet, they allow accounts with pornographic imagery (adults and children), including those of child sexual predators. Investigative reporters are often silenced when they are working cases to expose this evil.
· Posts by conservative reporters are flagrantly restricted and targets of harassment – even when those reporters are receiving violent intimidations, recurrent targeted attacks and are stalked by the individuals who consistently report these accounts. It has been noted, that the reporter’s account is restricted, but the individual actually engaging in harassment, remains unsanctioned.
Twitter is condoning the very behavior outlined in their rules by passing discriminatory judgment on the victims based on their political affiliation. Twitter also states that "We consider abusive behavior an attempt to harass, intimidate, or silence someone else’s voice."
Twitter has employed a double-standard in how "free speech" is valued and applied. In the words of Donald Trump Jr., "Liberals love free speech, until you say something they disagree with". It is unconscionable that one political party has been given a carte blanche backed by the power of corrupt officials, foreign donators, and liberal social media platform executives, to determine what constitutes free speech and who gets to exercise it.
Twitter purports to be a social media "network". Its model is users creating accounts that can then be followed and information disseminated to those elective followers. Twitter has no purview to censor what is said by a user to their followers.
This petition is to implore Twitter, Inc. to cease and desist from its targeted silencing of Conservative voices. Twitter must create a social networking environment that allows for true, and uninterrupted discourse and exchange of supporting and opposing ideas, with those who wish to engage in the same.
Today: Kari is counting on you
Kari Brown needs your help with “Jack Dorsey: Protect Free Speech - Stop Twitter from Blocking Conservatives”. Join Kari and 1,219 supporters today.