Show Your Commitment to Ethical Communication
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,500.
In these days of social and political change, now more than ever is the time to take a stand for transparent and ethical professional communication.
The International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) has created this petition to publicly stand in support of the IABC Code of Ethics and what it means to live them every day.
Please join us in signing it to show your commitment to ethical communication at all levels – you don’t need to be a member of IABC to stand with us. Please share the link with colleagues around the world to show our solidarity on this key principle.
IABC Code of Ethics
As a professional communicator, you have the potential to influence economies and affect lives. This power carries with it significant responsibilities.
The International Association of Business Communicators requires its members to agree to the IABC Code of Ethics. This code serves as a guide to making consistent, responsible, ethical and legal choices in all of our communications.
IABC’s Code of Ethics
- I am honest—my actions bring respect for and trust in the communication profession.
- I communicate accurate information and promptly correct any errors.
- I obey laws and public policies; if I violate any law or public policy, I act promptly to correct the situation.
- I protect confidential information while acting within the law.
- I support the ideals of free speech, freedom of assembly, and access to an open marketplace of ideas.
- I am sensitive to others’ cultural values and beliefs.
- I give credit to others for their work and cite my sources.
- I do not use confidential information for personal benefit.
- I do not represent conflicting or competing interests without full disclosure and the written consent of those involved.
- I do not accept undisclosed gifts or payments for professional services from anyone other than a client or employer.
- I do not guarantee results that are beyond my power to deliver.
Today: International Association of Business Communicators is counting on you
International Association of Business Communicators needs your help with “IABC International Executive Board: Show Your Commitment to Ethical Communication”. Join International Association of Business Communicators and 1,088 supporters today.