Help save the Mango Hill Goat Farm from land resumption.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
We wish to oppose the the resumption of 157 Kinsellas Road East for the developement of a high school. We believe the site to be unsuitable for the following reasons;
1.Long walking distance from main roads, bus routes and train lines.
2.Displacement of Wildlife, including an already dwindling population of koala’s, kangaroos and bird life.
3.Community Character, the Farm is an important and valued part of our community.
4. Concerns over health risks of nearby power pylons and Riss river fever due to the large volumes of mosquitos present during the warmer months and the fact that people have contracted Ross river fever at the proposed site.
5. Traffic congestion through narrow residential area with no off street parking backing onto the proposed site. (Capestone)
6. Flood area ; the proposed site is a flood zone, and would require large earthworks to make it suitable for a school (this also having an impact on surrounding homes and the environment)
7.Trees aged over 100 years old being felled an the impact this has on the environment and overall feel of the neighbourhood.
8.Dangerous surrounding road which has claimed many lives in past years (kinsellas road east)
9. A family farm of 40 years and it’s residents being told they need to pack up and go.
10. The surrounding residents who border the property line having not had full disclosure their properties would be backing on to a high school.
11. More responsibility should be given to council to help prevent future resumption’s by way of better management and planning of community ammenities at an early planning stage.
Today: The Mango Hill Goat Farm Collective is counting on you
The Mango Hill Goat Farm Collective needs your help with “Help save the Mango Hill Goat Farm from land resumption.”. Join The Mango Hill Goat Farm Collective and 1,808 supporters today.