Haringey Council: Say "No!" to the plan the rip down Rowan's Ten Pin Bowling in Finsbury Park
This petition had 5,052 supporters
Six Reasons Why Rowans Is So Important To Finsbury Park
1. Rowans is quite simply one of the best things about the area. Rowans offers a fun, diverse activity that brings the community together, massively enhancing the vibrancy and vitality of the area. It isn't a bland chain, it isn't an identikit. Rowans is far more than that. It is an independent and full of character.
2. Rowans attracts an extremely wide range of people from all social & ethnic backgrounds. It is rare to find somewhere where there is a genuine “mixing” of people from all walks of life. This will never be replaced. This can’t be emphasised enough. The intersection of so many people from so many backgrounds is something very rare. Don’t destroy it.
3. Rowans provides one of the few evening activities that do not require drinking. Evening activities that do not involve alcohol is something that is extremely useful, and again something that is all too rare.
4. Bowling is a genuinely mixed sex activity. This is in contrast to say, the provision of skate boarding facilities, or the pubs in the area which tends to attract a predominately male user base. Activities that appeal to both sexes even in winter are few and far between.
5. Families and children have been going bowling there for years, with countless birthday parties and celebrations including weddings taking place there. This type of amenity is what makes the area attractive and fun.
6. Youth groups, community groups and disability groups all use Rowans as activity where those people given a great sense of belonging to community and take part in a great sport. Where will these people go if Rowans is pulled down?
Rowans is an institution that is integral to the character of Finsbury Park. Don’t destroy it.
Today: Christopher is counting on you
Christopher Mahon needs your help with “Haringey Council: Say "No!" to the plan the rip down Rowan's Ten Pin Bowling in Finsbury Park”. Join Christopher and 5,051 supporters today.