Strictly Implement Waste Management Policies
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
Waste Management and Proper Disposal still remains as one of the problems in the country that remains unsolved due to the lack of discipline of the residents of a community. Lacking of proper knowledge and in practice of waste disposal may lead to the worsening of already known effects of this problem to both environment and people.
Therefore this petition, to have strict implementation of proper waste disposal, aims:
- every resident to conduct a general cleaning weekly in their respective barangays.
- calls out to all to follow proper waste disposal policy to prevent waste materials further promoting the practice of waste segregation.
- In other places especially Manila, the cleaning of "esteros" and small rivers must be also done for its further development.
The outcome of doing this petition will have a great outcome not just to the environment but it will also benefit to the following:
- Residents - residents living near the said bodies of water will able to lessen the diseases that are common like dengue, malaria, and other diseases that can be obtained in polluted bodies of water.
- If these rivers and "esteros" are good enough to be a habitat of fishes, it can be turned to a pond where fishes can be breed and multiplied and can be sold for their living.
It would also be better if a barangay conduct fun activities that would encourage the residents to keep on doing and implementing the policies of waste disposal.
Today: Queenie is counting on you
Queenie Maggay needs your help with “Greenpeace Philippines: Strictly Implement Waste Management Policies”. Join Queenie and 170 supporters today.